Cats are very interesting. Some of them stay wild, while some of them are tamed in our homes. Wherever they are, cats are very intreguing and they possess really fascinating characteristics. How much do you know about cats? Well, we hope to tickle you with these facts.
* Did you know that cats can see 6 times better than human beings? According to studies done, cats can see better than us in the dark.
* Just like dogs, cats can swim, it's just that most of them don't like it that much.
* On average, a cat can sleep for eighteen hours, especially in the tropics. That's 2/3 of every day. So if your cat is 9 years old, it's geen awake for only 3 years of its life.
* There are cats called Manx which originated at the Isle of Man and they do not have tails. They just have this so-called stub.
* There are fishing cats which really show great skills in catching fish.
* Cats don't have a sweet tooth like dogs do.
* A hairball is technically called a bezoar.
* A group of cats is technically called a clouder.
* Female cats are more likely to be right-pawed, but male cats are more often left-pawed.
* Have you ever seen a cat up in the tree, and wonder why it doesn't just climb back down? That's because their claws only hooks one way, so they can't claw their way down - unless it climbs down with the head up as it did when it climbed.
* Cats can make over 100 different sounds, but dogs can make only about 10.
* Cats appear to be most liked by North Americans. Over 30% of households have a pet cat. That means 73 million cats, as opposed to 63 million dogs.
* There is a Hebrew legend that had Noah pray to God pleading him for his help to protect all the food he stoed on the ark from being eaten by rats. So God made the lion sneeze, and out popped a cat.
* A cat can travel up to 49 km/h (31 mi/h) over a short distance.
* A cat can generally jump up to five times its own size in a single bound.
* Some cats have survived falls of about 20 metres (65 ft) because of what is known as their "righter reflex." That's the eyes and balanced organs in the inner ear makes it easy for cats to know which way is up, so that the cat can land on its feet. Even cats without a tail can do this.
These factoids are just some of those cool things about cats. Do you know of any more facts not mentioned here? Please leave a message with us and we'll include it!
According to research, owning cats as pets is most beneficial for ill, lonely or old people. It has been found that animals like cats can reduce depression.
Would you like to subscribe to our free newsletter?
We hate spam as much as you do! We will never share, rent or
sell your information and you can unsubscribe at anytime you want!